Ratings System

Trash It | Borderline Bad | Cuts Only | Meh... | Noteworthy | Buy It Now

Monday, March 30, 2009

My First Post

I have been thinking recently about what I want to do for the rest of my life. As a journalism major, I've been looking at the job market today, and it truly scares me. Our nation's newspapers have been the cornerstone of democracy. If journalist John Peter Zenger's was not brought up on charges of seditious libel in 1735, the First Amendment would not carry the power it has now. I have worked at Penn State's Daily Collegian for nearly two years, spending both of these semesters as the local business reporter. With the economy the way it is and the sluggishness of downtown State College's businesses every year during the second semester, I am becoming frustrated. Before this, I have always had a passion for music. I have played guitar for over 10 years, and I dabble in bass and piano. In high school, my friends and I always talked about music. I want to use this blog to put my knowledge and my writing ability to work to begin to review music that I am interested in. Unfortunately, there is a lot of ground to cover. I have thoughts on many albums that came out last year, and I would like to give my thoughts on at least some of them before I move on to the more recent material. Here's a list of what you can expect in the future.

In Rainbows - Radiohead
LAX - The Game
Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends - Coldplay
Tha Carter III - Lil Wayne
Death Magnetic - Metallica
Only by the Night - Kings of Leon
Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
The Recession - Young Jeezy
808s and Heartbreak - Kanye West
Paper Trail - T.I.
No Line on the Horizon - U2

I don't know how I'm going to review these albums yet. I need to decide whether I need to go in ascending or descending order, or to pick and choose as I go. Expect to see an album review or two tonight or tomorrow. I hope to take your requests and hear opinions, too. Either way, I'm going to tell it like it is.
- Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent."

Victor Hugo